Lobuche peak is a fascinating destination situated just above the Lobuche village in the Khumbu Region of Nepal. Lobuche peak has its two different summits, one is Lobuche East (6119m) and the other is Lobuche West (6145m). This trek includes technical climbing, perfect for those with some previous mountain or rock climbing experience. Lobuche peak climbing trek starts with a scenic flight from Kathmandu to the village of Lukla and includes the trek to Everest Base Camp. Lobuche is an adventurous and exciting climb to explore the high snowy places of the Khumbu region and experience the colored culture of warm welcoming Sherpa people. To make your journey simple and cheaper, there are fixed departure dates available for Lobuche Peak Climbing.
Let's celebrate together "Visit Nepal 2023", Get amazing discount for group travelers!
- Duration19 Days
- Difficulty LevelTechnical Challenging
- Max Altitude6,119 M (20,070 ft)
What makes this tour very interesting
- Magnificent views of the Himalayas.
- Explore Sherpa & Edmund Hillary museum.
- Unforgettable views of Mt. Everest including other world’s tallest Mountains.
- Monasteries and Sherpa Cultures.
- Moderately technical peak climbing, Lobuche.
- Trained Sherpas, and Crew Members.
- Day: 1
Welcome to Nepal, Kathmandu
- Day: 2
Climbing Preparation and briefings at the departments of tourism.
Morning short visit to Swoyambhunath Stupa, and in the afternoon visit Departments of Tourism for briefings. Your guide will check your climbing gears and thins and last minute shopping.
- Day: 3
Kathmandu - Lukla Trek to Phakding.
Wake Up early morning to take a flight to Lukla, you will receive a packed breakfast. From the Kathmandu domestic airport, we will take 40 - 45 minutes flight to Lukla (9,186ft). Enjoy one of the most beautiful air routes in the world on a hillside surrounded by mountainous peaks. We will meet the rest of our Lobuche peak climbing crew members at the Lukla airport, a gateway destination from where our trek begins. A gentle walk to Phakding village through Chaurikharkha village, Mt. Khumbila, and monastery.
- Day: 4
Phakding Trek to Namche Bazaar.
This is the day that you hear the most is the trek into Namche Bazaar, walking through a beautiful pine forest Dudh Koshi River and go on passing Chumoa to Monjo, and the entrance to Everest National Park. Then after crossing a suspension bridge, we pass Jorsale village and walk alongside the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers. The path to Namche is very well traveled so you'll continually come across locals, other tourists and then continue traffic of Yaks and porter. It is infamous for its long consistent steep inclines uphill brings us to the prime heartland of Sherpa village - Namche Bazaar. At one hour’s distance to reaching Namche Bazaar, we can view the sights of Mt. Everest and Mt. Lhotse. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
- Day: 5
Acclimatization Day - Namche Bazaar.
There are plenty of things to do around Namche Bazaar, we wake up to another spectacular morning and view from our room and sun rose of the breathtaking mountains. Let us make you clear something up that is a big misunderstanding about the Acclimatization day. Acclimatization day is not a rest day, it is something completely different so don’t think that after the huge climb of getting into Namche Bazaar you’ll spend today lazing around the lodges or shopping in local stores. Our team will take you to explore the real charm of Namche Bazaar. So after breakfast, we will start the gentle hike up to Everest view hotel where we can see the views of Mount Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Kongde and so on. Day hike up to 3,700 m (12,139 ft)
- Day: 6
Namche Bazaar Trek to Tengboche
After breakfast in Namche Lodges, we set off for our next destination Tengboche. A Gentle climb up to the Namche top and we will have all the pleasure en route with the majestic views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Ama Dablam and Thamserku peak. The trail is smooth with few ups and downs up to Kyangjuma. We are least bothered about the trail as the majestic views of the Himalayas make our expedition full of excitement. After Kyangjuma the trail is downhill a bit and we will cross the Dudh Kosi River and then a gentle climb up to Tengboche. Tengboche is a wonderful place to have scenic views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse and Mt. Ama Dablam. It has the biggest Buddhist monastery called Tengboche Monastery (3870m).
- Day: 7
Tengboche Trek to Dingboche.
This is another best place to wake up early morning with the spectacular view of Mountains surrounding you. From the Monastery, you will hear the early morning chanting by the Monks which make your morning blessed and peaceful.l Along the way Mt. Amadablam will be smiling on our right side. We will pass through Imja River, chortens, stupas, small villages, tea houses and people working on their farm. Pretty much easier trail and after crossing Pheriche pass a gentle uphill which makes you feel like now you are adjusting to the altitude. Overnight at Dingboche.
- Day: 8
Acclimatization Day - Dingboche.
After breakfast take a short day hike up to Chhukhung (4750 M 15,580 ft), and back to Dingboche.
- Day: 9
Dingboche Trek to Lobuche.
Today you might feel some breathing disorder while crossing the Thugla pass due to the altitude but no need to panic. From Dingboche to Thugla trails is gentle but the 1 hr Thugla pass makes you quite tired but after crossing the pass the trail is smooth. We continue our expedition until we reach Lobuche which is our destination for today. We might feel some breathing disorder due to high altitude but still, there is no need to panic. Overnight at guesthouse, inclusive of full board meals.
- Day: 10
Lobuche - Gorak Shep 5,164 M (16,942 ft) - Everest Base Camp 5,380 M (17,600 ft) - Gorak Shep.
The trail leads toward Gorakshep through the rocky and rugged. While walking on the way you will see the amazing views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Pumori and other. After reaching in Gorakshep, we will drop our bags and a short tea break and we take the trail to Everest Base Camp. Hike towards to Base Camp is strenuous due to the thin air, follow your Guide diligently. We pass through rocky dunes, moraine, and streams before reaching the Everest Base Camp. Upon reaching the Everest Base Camp, we see tents of mountaineers, we will see lot’s during the springtime. We will take the opportunity of visiting such an iconic location. After exploring Everest base camp we get back to Gorak Shep.
- Day: 11
Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar 5,545 M (18,192 ft) to Lobuche
This morning we will wake up early to hike up to our final top highest destination Kala Patthar for sunrise and 360 degrees up-close and formidable view of Mt. Everest. The temperatures will be -10 to -14 C and chilly winds. We had seen many people get tears in their eyes after being on top over here after seeing the world’s tallest mountains. We will hike back to Gorakshep the afternoon is taken to descend down to Lobuche village. We are staying for our next big adventure to climb Lobuche Peak.
- Day: 12
Lobuche Trek to Lobuche East Base Camp.
- Day: 13
Climb from Lobuche East Base Camp To High Camp.
- Day: 14
Morning Summit to Lobuche East Peak and Back to Lobuche Base Camp.
- Day: 15
Lobuche Base Camp Trek to Pheriche
We will wrap up our Lobuche Peak climbing gears and then start a normal hike down to Pheriche village.
- Day: 16
Pheriche Trek to Namche Bazaar.
- Day: 17
Namche Bazaar Trek to Lukla.
Today is the final day to wrap up our Lobuche Peak Climbing trip, easy trek up to Lukla. Here we are saying bye to Sherpa’s and crew who helped us in our Lobuche peak climbing. Rugged Trails Nepal strongly request to all our trek members to give tips to Sherpa’s because this is what they expect at the end after the successful trip. Evening enjoys the last moment with Sherpa’s and packs for tomorrow's early morning flight back to Kathmandu.
- Day: 18
Fly back to Kathmandu from Lukla.
Here we are saying bye-bye to the Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary airport after our breakfast. A scenic flight to Kathmandu, the guide will check in your hotel. Afternoon free time for last moment shopping or massage in Thamel. Evening Farewell dinner with Rugged Trails Nepal team and it's provided by the company.
- Day: 19
Transferred to the international airport on your flight schedule and if some have extra days in Nepal they will continue with other activities. If any help is needed for further plans feel free to contact Rugged Trails Nepal team.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Full Board (breakfast, lunch, and Dinner) in Trekking and climbing.
- Domestic Airfare as per itinerary (KTM-LUK-KTM
- Accommodation during the trek (local lodge and tent).
- The government registered English speaking local expert climbing guides, and porters.
- Experienced and government licensed high altitude trekking guide during the trekking and climbing period.
- All trekking and mountaineering equipment are available at the advanced base camp.
- Services of chef and kitchen assistant at base camp as per group size.
- Sagarmatha National park, Khumba Entrance fees.
- Expedition royalty and climbing permit of Nepal government to climb Lobuche Peak.
- Nepalese government royalty and fees.
- All wages, equipment, medical and accident insurances for all involved staff in trekking and climbing period.
- Equipment allowances and wages for chefs and kitchen assistants.
- First aid medical kits for the group and the staff
- Guided Tour in a city with the Expert tour guide.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in the city
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek
- Required fixed and dynamic ropes during the climbing period.
- EPI gas and cooking stove above the base camp.
- Trekking Map Everest base camp and Lobuche Peak.
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Snacks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, chocolates, nutria-bars.
- Items of personal nature, laundry expenses, tips.
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies, satellite phones, and the internet.
- Clothing, packing items or bags, personal medical kit, personal trekking gear.
- Any kind of extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural disasters, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in government regulations.
- Additional crew members are other than specified.
- Rescues, repatriation, medicines, medical tests and hospitalization expenses.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Wake talkies & Filming permit.
- Personal climbing gear (available on hire).
- Entrance fees at the monuments or in city sightseeing.