Everyone traveling into Nepal is required to have a fully valid passport with at least six months of validity. Along with the passport, it is mandatory to have a valid visa for adults and children. You can obtain multiple entry visas in case you are traveling into another country from Nepal and coming back. However, this is not important as you can obtain a visa upon arrival easily. You can either apply for your visa in your own country providing that they have a Nepalese embassy or you can obtain one after you arrive in Kathmandu. Obtaining a visa in your own country will save you the time you will have to spend on queue however you might have to pay more in such cases. So, you are requested to check the prices of the visa if you are monitoring tightly how you are spending for your travel.
You can get more information on visa rules and regulations at http://www.immi.gov.np/visa. You can download a copy of the visa form that you can fill and bring along in case you want to avoid filling it at the entry point. Many people choose to obtain their visa on arrival at Kathmandu airport.As a result, at times the queues can be quite long particularly when several flights arrive at once although the process is usually very smooth and hassle free. It's best to have your passport photos in advance and to complete your visa form in advance of arrival but normally you can also get this done in the arrivals hall before you join the queue for your visa.
US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency
US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
Gratis (Free) Visa
- For the first visit in one visa year (January to December), gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of South Asian countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. However, visa can be extended from the Immigration Department on payment of visa fee as specified above.
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
For Indian National
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter Nepal.
- As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals Traveling to Nepal must possess any One of the following documents.
- Driving License with photo
- Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
- Ration Card with Photo
- Election Commission Card with Photo
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
- Identity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank
Also, please check with your nearest travel agents for documents required by the Indian Immigration for Indians traveling to Nepal.
Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine, and Afghanistan will need to obtain a visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as they do not get a visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
Tourists can stay for a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Jan 1 to Dec 31).
For further information, please contact:
Department of Immigration
Tel: 00977-1- 4429660 / 4438862 / 4438868/ 4433934
E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.immi.gov.np