Things To Do In Nepal Other Than Trekking
Besides trekking, Nepal provides a wide range of adventures. The following are some ideas for activities to do in Nepal:
Kathmandu Heritage Sites:
The capital city of Nepal is home to many cultural and historical sites, including the Swayambhunath Stupa (also known as the Monkey Temple), Boudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple, Patan Durbar Square, and Kathmandu Durbar Square.
Are you considering a trip to Kathmandu or searching for a Nepal travel package? Look nowhere else! We provide a range of travel packages in Nepal, including a day trip package to experience Kathmandu's significant historical and cultural landmarks. Popular tourist destinations like Swayambhunath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple, and Durbar Square are all included in our Kathmandu trip packages. You will be taken on a tour of the city's vibrant culture and history by one of our skilled and informed tour guides. If you want a longer voyage, we also offer a Nepal 7-day tour package that will take you to other regions of the nation, such as Pokhara, Chitwan National Park, and other places.
Rugged Trails Nepal tour packages in Nepal are created with inexpensive costs and individualized itineraries to meet the demands of both domestic and foreign tourists. We, therefore, have the ideal travel package for you, whether you're a Nepali looking to experience your own country or a foreigner looking for a special trip. To learn more about our Kathmandu tour and travel packages and to begin organizing your ideal Nepal experience, reach us by email, phone, or WhatsApp.
Explore Chitwan National Park Or Bardia National Park
Go no further than Chitwan National Park for an amazing vacation in Nepal. The magnificent wildlife of the park, including the elusive Royal Bengal Tiger and the iconic one-horned rhino, may be explored as part of our safari tour packages. You'll have plenty of time to explore the park's magnificent forests, grasslands, and wetlands with our 2-night, 3-day, or 3-night, 4-day packages.
You'll have the option to experience an exhilarating jungle safari as part of your safari tour, where you can see a wide range of creatures, including elephants, crocodiles, and many bird species. Also, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a leisurely jungle walk with a knowledgeable naturalist who will assist you in recognizing the park's distinctive flora and wildlife.
Evenings are a great time to unwind and take in the stunning Tharu ethnic dance performances, which represent Nepal's rich cultural past. Our safari tour packages also include cozy lodging and delectable meals, allowing you to fully enjoy the park's breathtaking natural splendor.
Our Chitwan National Park and Bardi safari trip packages are the best option, so if you're a wildlife fanatic or just seeking a special adventure in Nepal, they're a great choice. To find out more about our tour packages and to begin organizing your unique safari vacation in Nepal, get in touch with us right away.
Lumbini, the birthplace of Buddha
A trip to Lumbini is essential for anyone looking to connect with Nepal's spiritual side on a deeper level. Lumbini maintains a particular place in Buddhist history and culture since it was the birthplace of the Buddha. Our tour packages provide a special chance to discover the spiritual and cultural value of the historic city.
The Maya Devi Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the most significant temple in the city, is located in the center of Lumbini. There is a stone slab inside the temple that marks the precise area where it is thought that the Buddha was born.
In addition to the Maya Devi Temple, Lumbini is home to a number of monasteries from different Buddhist traditions, such as Tibetan, Thai, and Chinese. These monasteries provide a serene place for introspection and contemplation, as well as a rare look into the various cultural and spiritual traditions of Buddhism. A trip to Lumbini is bound to be life-changing, whether you're a Buddhist seeking a stronger bond with your religion or simply curious about Nepal's spiritual past.
Pokhara is a haven for both nature enthusiasts and those looking for adventure. Our travel packages provide a special chance to discover this lovely city and its breathtaking natural beauty. The following are a few of the top experiences you may have in Pokhara:
- Sarangkot Sunrise: From Sarangkot, a picturesque hilltop just outside of Pokhara, you may witness the mesmerizing sunrise over the Annapurna mountain range.
- Pumdikot Shiva Statue: See the Pumdikot Shiva Statue, a colossal statue of Lord Shiva that stands atop a hill overlooking the city and is a well-known Hindu pilgrimage site. The views are just amazing from this place.
- Peace Stupa: Take a quick climb or drive up to the Peace Stupa, a lovely Buddhist structure that offers breathtaking views over the city and Fewa Lake.
- Davis Fall: Discover the stunning Davis Fall, a well-known waterfall that is only a short drive from the city center.
- Caves: Explore Pokhara's caves to find their undiscovered riches, such as the Mahendra Cave and the Bat Cave.
- Boating in Fewa Lake: Take a tranquil boat trip on Fewa Lake, a stunning freshwater lake situated right in the middle of the city.
- Day Hike: Take a beautiful day walk to Sarangkot, the World Peace Pagoda, or Pumdikot, just three of the many hilltops in Pokhara. A day hike to Dhampus Village is more popular to explore a bit more typical Nepalese lifestyle.
- Paragliding: Take in the amazing sights while experiencing the thrill of paragliding over Pokhara's beautiful terrain.
- Bungee Jump: Just outside of Pokhara, at one of Nepal's highest bungee jumping locations, put your daring to the test.
- Hot Air Balloon: Take in the breathtaking sights from above as you soar above Pokhara's picturesque surroundings in a hot air balloon.
- Zip Flying: With one of the world's longest and tallest zip lines, the zip-flying trip offers the ultimate adventure.
- Helicopter Tour of the Annapurna Base Camp: Take a picturesque flight over the Annapurna mountain range and stop at the base camp to get a closer look at the breathtaking mountain peaks.
Comfortable lodgings and knowledgeable tour guides who can shed light on the city's rich history and culture are included in our Pokhara tour packages. Pokhara is certain to provide an outstanding experience, whether you're an adventure seeker or just hoping to discover Nepal's natural beauty. To find out more about our travel packages and to begin organizing your ideal vacation to Pokhara, get in touch with us.
River Rafting Trip Nepal
Join a thrilling river rafting expedition in Nepal to experience some of the most exhilarating rapids in the world while being surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty. Offering a memorable experience on Nepal's rivers, Rugged Trails Nepal vacation packages include:
- Trishuli River: Experience a day-trip river rafting adventure on one of Nepal's most well-liked rivers, the Trishuli River. As you travel through the river's bends and turns, you'll encounter thrilling rapids and stunning scenery.
- Seti River: Enjoy a day-trip river rafting excursion on Nepal's Seti River, which is more serene and beautiful than some of the country's other rivers. While you float down the river, take in the breathtaking vistas of the mountains and dense trees that surround you.
- Sunkoshi River: Enjoy an exciting day trip river rafting adventure on the Sunkoshi River, also referred to as the "River of Gold" because of its sand-covered riverbanks and golden-shimmering rapids. Take in the breathtaking vistas of the surrounding Himalayan mountains while navigating the hard rapids of the river.
Professional guides and all essential gear are included in river rafting tour packages, guaranteeing a fun and safe experience for all participants. Nepal's rivers offer an exhilarating and unique trip, regardless of whether you are an experienced rafter or a novice. To find out more about our tour packages and to begin organizing your river rafting trip in Nepal, get in touch with us.
Learn about Nepali cuisine
With the help of our culinary tours and cooking lessons, you may taste the delectable flavors of Nepali cuisine. Many gastronomic experiences are included in our packages, including.
- Food Tour: Take a guided food tour to experience the distinctive flavors of Nepali cuisine. Learn about the origins and cultural significance of traditional foods while sampling momos, Dal Bhat, and Newari cuisine.
- How to Make Momo: Take a hands-on cooking lesson to learn how to create momos, one of Nepal's most well-liked foods. From kneading the dough to mixing the filling and cooking the dumplings, our skilled chefs will walk you through the steps to making the ideal momo.
- Taste of Newari Food: Discover the distinctive flavors of this cuisine, which is unique to the Kathmandu Valley. You may sample foods like chatamari, bara, and chhoila at the greatest Newari restaurants and street food stands thanks to our guided culinary tour.
- Dal Bhat: Take a culinary class to learn how to prepare the traditional cuisine of Nepal, dal bhat. Our chefs will demonstrate how to make the side dishes such as achar (pickle), papad, and rice, as well as lentil soup (dal) and crispy bread.
Attend a cultural festival in Nepal
Dashain, Tihar, Holi, Shivaratri, Sindoor Jatra, Bisket Jatra, and Indra Jatra are just a few of the numerous festivals that are celebrated all year long in Nepal. The opportunity to experience Nepali culture and traditions is provided through these events. Festival tours are arranged upon request, and they are always customized trips with varying festival dates. Follow the link to Nepal Festival and Events for additional information about the festival and celebration.
Volunteer In Nepal
Participate at local government schools in rural villages and make a difference in the lives of Nepali kids and communities. Those who desire to change Nepal can find free volunteer opportunities through Rugged Trails Nepal. Our volunteer program offers a special chance to become fully immersed in the community, earn teaching experience, and establish long-lasting relationships.
You will collaborate with local educators in Nepal as a volunteer to support the educational requirements of pupils. You might engage in a range of tasks, including mentoring students, assisting with classroom management, organizing extracurricular activities, and teaching English. Although our volunteer program is free, volunteers still need to pay for their own lodging, meals, and transportation. Transportation to and from the school, as well as homestay accommodations, can be coordinated with the help of Rugged Trails Nepal.
Take a scenic Himalayan flight
If you're not up for trekking, you can still get a stunning view of the Himalayas by taking a scenic flight. With our scenic flight packages, you can view the mountains' stunning grandeur from above. Our scenic flight tours provide a singular viewpoint of the highest mountains in the world, including Mount Everest.
- 1-Hour Mountain Flight from Kathmandu: Take a one-hour flight to the mountains from Kathmandu to explore the magnificent Himalayan mountain range. Fly above glaciers and snow-covered mountains while admiring breathtaking vistas of the surrounding regions.
- Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour: Enjoy a helicopter tour to Mount Everest's base camp to visit the summit of the tallest mountain in the world. This exhilarating excursion offers a one-of-a-kind chance to experience the majestic Himalayas up close and land above the base camp (Kalapathhar) to take in the breathtaking vistas.
Shop for Souvenirs
Tibetan rugs, Thangka paintings, and wooden masks are just a few of the handicrafts for which Nepal is renowned. Support regional craftspeople by purchasing souvenirs at neighborhood markets.
Yoga and Meditation:
A well-known yogi, mystic, and spiritual figure from India named Sadhguru has motivated millions of people all over the world to practice yoga, meditate, and engage in inner investigation in order to discover the deeper depths of existence.
We will connect you with the local yoga studios or instructors in Kathmandu who provide courses or workshops if you're interested in practicing Sadhguru's yoga, which places an emphasis on breathing exercises (pranayama), physical postures (asanas), and meditation. You might also want to think about signing up for a meditation tour or retreat if you're interested in learning more about meditation in Kathmandu. There are numerous organizations and meditation facilities that provide silent retreats and other meditation programs, as well as guided tours of holy places and temples throughout the Kathmandu Valley.
Exploring Bhaktapur and Nagarkot
Two well-known tourist spots in Nepal's Kathmandu Valley are Bhaktapur and Nagarkot.
A historic city called Bhaktapur, commonly referred to as Bhadgaon, is situated about 13 kilometers to the east of Kathmandu. Bhaktapur is the place you must visit once in your life! It is renowned for its beautifully maintained historical buildings, temples, and artwork. The Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Nyatapola Temple, Bhairavnath Temple, and Dattatreya Plaza are a few of Bhaktapur's well-known attractions. The city is renowned for its woodcarving, weaving, and ceramic traditions.
On the other hand, Nagarkot is a mountainous town around 28 kilometers east of Kathmandu. On a clear day, Mount Everest can be seen amid the Himalayan mountains' spectacular panoramic views. Nagarkot, a well-liked location for hiking and trekking, has a number of paths that pass through beautiful landscapes and forests. From Kathmandu, it is simple to go to Bhaktapur and Nagarkot, which may both be explored in a single day or as part of a longer itinerary. If you want to make a day hike from Kathmandu to Nagarkot, then this is also a good idea, so you can explore Nagarkot by hike and take a guided city tour of Bhaktapur.
Monastery and Monks Tour
Several holy Buddhist temples and monasteries may be found in Kathmandu, providing tourists with an uncommon window into the area's rich spiritual and cultural past. The Swayambhunath Stupa, also known as the Monkey Temple, is one of Kathmandu's most well-liked locations for a monastery and monks to visit. The western region of Kathmandu is home to this old temple complex, which contains a number of monasteries and temples. The complex offers guided tours where guests can learn about its background and significance in Buddhist culture.
The Boudhanath Stupa, one of the biggest stupas in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is another well-liked tourist attraction. Visitors can take a guided tour to learn more about the Tibetan Buddhist tradition and culture. The area around the stupa is home to various Tibetan Buddhist monasteries and institutes.
Other highly regarded Buddhist sites in Kathmandu include the Namo Buddha Stupa, which is about 40 km southeast of Kathmandu and is one of the most important Buddhist pilgrimage sites in Nepal, and the Kopan Monastery, which is situated on a hilltop in the northern part of the city and is famous for its meditation classes and retreats.
Photography Tour in Nepal in 2024
The Nepal Photography Trip is a fantastic chance to develop your abilities in a variety of photographic genres. This tour will take you to Nepal's greatest photogenic spots, whether you are interested in street photography, portrait photography, or landscape photography. You will have the opportunity to photograph locals going about their daily lives as you tour the historic streets of Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Patan, Bungmati, Nagarkot, Bandipur, and Pokhara. Also, you can capture magnificent landscape photos of the majestic Himalayan mountain range at sunrise and sunset. The best locations in Nepal for wildlife photography are Chitwan National Park, Bardia National Park, and Suklaphata Wildlife Reserve. Without a doubt, this tour will improve your photographic abilities and provide you with priceless memories. We will create a Nepal photography tour package based on the length of your vacation. You don't have to book a week-long journey package to take photos of the mountains and landscapes. One of the best seasons for landscape photography in Nepal is spring, when the flowers are in full bloom.
In conclusion, Nepal provides a variety of experiences and activities besides trekking that are tailored to suit various interests and tastes. Nepal has something to offer everyone, whether they wish to discover ancient towns, learn about a rich culture, participate in extreme sports like bungee jumping or paragliding, or find calm through yoga and meditation. Nepal is a distinctive and intriguing location that is guaranteed to leave you with priceless memories, whether you choose to explore the region's spectacular natural beauty or immerse yourself in its rituals and traditions. Explore the many other fun things to do in Nepal by going beyond the trekking trails.