Trekking Gears Checklist
Here you go, Time to Gear Up and ready for trekking in Nepal. Rugged Trails Nepal helping you to pack your bag which is really important for your adventure in Nepal. Some personal Luxurious stuff is not listed here which you can try pack if there is space.
- Lightweight walking boots that are broken in prior to arrival in Nepal to avoid blisters
- 2-3 synthetic tee shirts, long sleeve shirts
- 1-2 synthetic hiking pants, zip-off pants
- Fleece or sweatshirt for cool night temperatures
- Rain jacket or poncho (Gore-tex or equivalent)
- Rain pants (Gore-tex or equivalent)
- Thick wool socks, thin synthetic liner socks to prevent blisters
- Synthetic underwear
- Sun hat
- Warm puffy down-filled jacket (synthetic or natural feathers).
- Synthetic mid-layer (fleece, wool, or lightweight down sweater).
- Softshell or insulated ski pants.
- Sleeping bag too -15C
- Thermal underwear/base layer
- Beanie with ear flaps (wool or fleece)
- Balaclava or face mask
- A pair of winter gloves/mitts (waterproof)
- A pair of lightweight gloves (fleece or synthetic materials)
- Ski goggles or glacier glasses (polarized)
- Gaiters (to cover boots and lower leg, for winter only)
What to bring For Trekking?
- 1-2 water bottles - 2 liters
- Iodine to purify water (Can be purchased in cities)
- Sunglasses and strap
- Trekking Poles
- Toilet paper and cigarette lighter (toilet paper can be bought in cities)
- Small headlamp/flashlight/torch with spare batteries
- Personal medical supplies
- Pocket knife
- Small daypack - 25 liters
- Personal snacks from home (candy bars, protein bars, granola, nuts, etc.)
- Sandals or slip on shoes for walking around tea houses or camp
- Biodegradable soap and/or shampoo.
- Spare boot laces
- Large plastic bag to line backpack, daypack from wet conditions, and small bag of dirty clothes
- Small towel