Many people don't know about the country Nepal. It's our personal experience while traveling outside of Nepal for marketing, business trip, and in promotions people use to ask us; Where is Nepal? Our answer is always same we are from the Mt. Everest country. Once the Mt. Everest comes then people says Ah Himalayas.
Nepal is not only with Mt. Everest, here you can see many things which will surprise you.The rugged trails of Nepal are probably the most popular reason for travelers to explore this majestic, awe-inspiring country where legends and dreams are made. Despite its recent earthquake, it is still a great destination to enjoy life-changing treks.
But after the 2015 Earthquake Nepal is pretty much introduced worldwide in a good way or in a bad way. Nearly about 8,000 people lost their lives and about 20,000 peoples were injured from the Earthquake. Many houses, schools, and somewhere landslide but also Nepalese are an optimistic bunch because we know such disasters are beyond our control and is merely a part of the cycle of life. Scroll down to know some Interesting facts about Nepal besides of Mt. Everest, the birthplace of Buddha. Nepal is a spiritual land of Yogis, wild adventure destinations and even the world top best treks routes are in Nepal.
Interesting Facts about Nepal Maybe you don't know some of it
- 2% of all the flowering plants in the world.
- 8% of the world's population of birds (more than 848 species)
- 4% of mammals on earth (18% of our land is covered by National Park and reserved areas.)
- 11 of the worlds 15 families of butterflies (more than 500 species)
- 600 indigenous plant families.
- 319 species of exotic orchids.
- Country of worlds 8 Cultural Heritage sites and 2 natural Heritages sites. Kathmandu valleys 7 heritage sites have the Guinness book of the world record in such a close proximity (cluster of 7 world heritage sites in the smaller area).
- The highest mountain peaks in the world
- The deepest river gorge in the world (Kali Gandaki river)
- The birthplace of Buddha (Lumbini)
- Birth Place of Bhrikuit Revered as a Tara in Tibetan Buddhism Mother of Mercy and Compassion.
- The living goddess (Kumari) who is worshiped and taken in a chariot procession annually.
- The non-rectangular national flag.
- The best place in the world to study Tibetan Buddhism
- The largest selection of books on the Himalayas and mountain climbing
- Unique things about Nepal
- Top ten outstanding unique reasons qualifying Nepal to be the most preferred tourism destinations of the world.
- Nepal is the most preferred eco-tourism destination in the world.
- Survey report carried out in UK and Germany
Nepal has all the conditions for qualifying as the best adventure tourism destination in the world.
Survey report carried out by the Australian Tourism Authority
Nepal is one of the best places to visit before you die.
- BBC Holiday
- Annapurna region of Nepal is voted as the top ten trekking trails in the world.
- Nepal is the only country with the altitudinal variation that ranges from 60 meters to 8848 meters.
- In Nepal, there are 8 of the worlds 14 highest mountains above 8000 meters including Mt. Everest.
- Nepal has 8 % of the total species of birds found in the world.
- Nepal offers diverse adventure activities like mountaineering, trekking, whitewater rafting, jungle safari, Para-gliding, mountain flight, bungee jumping, ultra-light aircraft ride etc.
- Nepal holds wonderful/diverse records such as:
- The highest lake on the earth (Tilicho 4800 meters)
- The deepest lake (145 meters) She Phoksundo at the highest elevation (3600mt.)
- The deepest gorges (1200 meter) in Kaligandaki other glaciers
- The highest valley on earth (Arun Valley)
- Nepal is a four-season destination.
- Nepal is the birthplace of Lord Buddha- the apostle of peace and is also the only country where people worship the Living Goddess (Kumari).
- Nepal has the densest concentration of World Heritage Sites. Kathmandu valley alone has 7 World Heritage Cultural sites within a radius of 15 kilometers.
- In Nepal, there are as many 100 nationalities speaking more than 125 different languages.